A WOMAN pedestrian was seriously injured in a collision with a car in Abingdon Road, Oxford, yesterday.
The road was closed for a several hours after the incident, which happened at about 1pm at the junction with Lake Street.
Mohammed Kharal, owner of nearby Sanaa newsagents, said: “Apparently she was crossing the road and they didn’t see her.
“We didn’t see anything. It was just afterwards that we realised what happened.”
Thames Valley Police spokeswoman Connie Primmer said a blue Renault Clio was involved in the collision.
South Central Ambulance Service said the woman is believed to have suffered pelvic and leg injuries.
After the woman was taken to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital, police officers cordoned off the road while a forensic crash investigator mapped out the site.
Oxford Bus Company had to divert its services via Donnington Bridge and Iffley Road.
Meanwhile, London Road in Bicester was closed yesterday morning after a collision between a cyclist and a car. Emergency services were called at about 8.10am. The cyclist, a woman believed to be in her forties, was taken to hospital, but no details on her condition were released.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
- Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community