A FILM crew worker has been jailed after a court heard he went "completely berserk" and attacked three police officers.
Amos Bowler pleaded guilty to five charges of causing actual bodily harm, assaulting and obstructing police officers, criminal damage and using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour.
Prosecutor Sonya Saul told Oxford Crown Court yesterday that the offences happened in Market Place in Wantage on July 8.
Bowler, of Avondale Park Road, London, was spotted in the town's square taking off his trousers and throwing them into the road.
When police officers arrived and tried to restrain the extremely drunk 26-year-old he became violent and made attempts to escape.
Miss Saul said officers pepper sprayed Bowler but he continue to struggle and fight, telling them: “You are nothing, I could f****** kill you.”
She said during the altercation he left teeth marks on the head of Pc Matthew Morgan, drawing blood.
Eventually it took four officers to subdue Bowers, she added, who also spat at them and damaged a police van.
Ronan McCann, defending told Judge Patrick Eccles that Bowers had been out drinking with his new colleagues and had been suffering from “anxiety” because he wanted to impress them.
Judge Eccles jailed him for six months and told him he had gone “completely berserk”.
He said: “This sort of drunken hooliganism in a quiet market town is simply not to be tolerated.”
- Our top stories
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate