Arash Fatemian, Oxfordshire County Council’s cabinet member for finance, has resigned from the cabinet.
The Conservative county councillor for Deddington took on the role after last May’s elections.
Mr Fatemian had previously served as cabinet member for adult services.
Although he is staying on the council he said he was resigning from the cabinet to dedicate more time to his work and family.
His replacement will be the Conservative councillor for Bicester North, Lawrie Stratford, who is currently not in the cabinet.
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community