Arash Fatemian, Oxfordshire County Council’s cabinet member for finance, has resigned from the cabinet.
The Conservative county councillor for Deddington took on the role after last May’s elections.
Mr Fatemian had previously served as cabinet member for adult services.
Although he is staying on the council he said he was resigning from the cabinet to dedicate more time to his work and family.
His replacement will be the Conservative councillor for Bicester North, Lawrie Stratford, who is currently not in the cabinet.
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit