A 22-year-old man was left bruised and with a chipped tooth after being punched in the face in Witney.
He was attacked at about 3.10am last Monday while walking between Church Lane and Witan Way with a friend.
Thames Valley Police, who only released details on Friday, said he was punched repeatedly by a man who claimed the victim had damaged his bike.
The attacker’s shirt was ripped when he was pushed over a fence in the incident.
He is described as white, in his early to mid-30s, about 5ft 11in, stocky and with short brown hair.
He was wearing a red T-shirt and blue jeans and was carrying a black bike frame and wheel. Anyone with information should call Witney police station on 101.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year