A DELIVERY driver was taken to hospital after a container of kettle descaler leaked.
Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service said they were called to the incident just before 9am on Thursday by the man who was delvering the chemical to a property in Ashbury, near Faringdon.
Two fire crews from Faringdon and Wantage and a specialist hazardous materials unit from Rewley Road in Oxford were sent to the incident and made the container safe.
It is believed the descaler leaked out through its packaging and gave off fumes which affected the driver.
A spokeswoman for South Western Ambulance Service said the man was taken to the Great Western Hospital in Swindon by a paramedic in a rapid response vehicle.
No details on his condition have been released.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay