CONNOR Tremble’s mother said the outpouring of love following her son’s murder showed how many lives he touched.
Speaking after her son’s murderer Will Blencowe was jailed for at least 23 years yesterday, Lisa Tremble said she was overwhelmed by support.
And Miss Tremble, of Withycombe Drive, Banbury, said her son was a typical cheeky teenager with a great sense of humour.
Describing the outpouring of love from friends after he died the 42-year-old said: “It was overwhelming. Connor touched the hearts of so many people, we didn't even know the extent of it.
“If he just spoke to someone he made them smile, he was that sort of boy.
“And it wasn’t until he died that we realised just how many people loved him and how many lives he touched. It was just amazing.
“He only lived in Oxford for eight months and people here loved him so much.
“His death has been devastating, not just for his family and friends, but for two communities as well.’’ The mother added that Connor was going to get a tattoo when he turned 18 which said: “Hope is your faith and your memory is worth living for.”
She said: “I think of that every day to get me through the day.’’ And she added that she had decided to get the same tattoo herself.
Miss Tremble thanked Connor’s close friends Lucy-Anne Cage, who has been fundraising to afford a memorial bench in his name, and Shelby Delaney.
Lucy-Anne Cage pictured with Connor
She also thanked rapper Marley Tayler Ward aka Young Spide, Connor's close friend Kyle Martin, and all the other friends who have got in touch and shown their support.
Friend Billy-Joe Langton has created a memorial to Connor in his living room. The 22-year-old had been friends with the former Blessed George Napier School pupil since they grew up in Banbury together.
He said: “It is still surreal that this all happened. He is madly missed by everyone. I have a got a little memorial for him in my living room.
“I will never get rid of it. He will always be with me even though he is not here.”
Mr Langton, who now lives in Nottingham, said Connor was not a violent person.
He said: “He was amazing. He was always smiling. He would not hurt a soul. That is why it came as such a shock to everyone.”
And he said Blencowe’s claim that Connor had attacked him first was ludicrous, adding: “He would never in a million years do that. I know for a fact he would not. It makes me angry but it makes me laugh at the same time.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
11:04am Monday 3rd August 2015
THREE teenagers have been arrested after a man was assaulted in Oxford Castle Quarter in the early hours of yesterday morning.
8:30am Monday 3rd August 2015
A LONG-SERVING taxi driver has become so exasperated with Oxford’s roads that he has quit and found a new job.
7:54am Monday 3rd August 2015
There are delays on the A4142 Eastern By-Pass Road due to a traffic light failure.
6:00am Monday 3rd August 2015
A DEVOTED fundraiser and Blackbird Leys resident of 50 years was among the first to tell her story on camera for a heritage project.
11:32am Sunday 2nd August 2015
PART of Oxford Castle Quarter is cordoned off after a man was attacked in the early hours of this morning.
11:17am Sunday 2nd August 2015
SUNLIGHT shining through the window of a house sparked a blaze in Sibford Gower.