A couple hoping to reopen their village pub after five years of closure are due to find out today if they can.
Helen and Cass Hazlewood applied for planning permission to reopen the General Elliot in South Hinksey earlier this year. As well as running a restaurant the couple, who live in the village, want to offer eight ‘short-let’ studio rooms.
Vale of White Horse District Council planning officers are expected to tell the couple today whether they have won permission for the alterations.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech