Blackwell’s Rare Books has donated a volume to the Mackintosh Library at Glasgow School of Art, which was gutted by a fire in May.
The 1933 copy of XXI Welsh Gypsy Folk-Tales by John Sampson was one of hundreds of books destroyed in the blaze.
Only 250 copies of the book were made and due to the extremely soft leather it is bound in many no longer exist or are in a poor condition.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay