A SHOP worker was threatened by a man thought to be armed with a knife, police have said.
Police said the woman in her forties managed to run into another room after a man came into the Bridge Stores in Meadow Lane, Oxford, and threatened her at about 12.50pm yesterday.
The man, who left without taking anything, is described as white, aged his early twenties, around 5ft 6ins tall.
He was wearing a thick black hood and a black knee-length coat, with dark coloured trousers.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech