Connor Tremble trial: Judge reminds jury of stabbing evidence

2:50pm Wednesday 27th August 2014

By Ben Wilkinson

JURORS in the Connor Tremble murder trial have this morning been reminded of the evidence before they go out to consider a verdict.

Summing up the case at Oxford Crown Court, Judge Patrick Eccles told the jury it would have to decide whether Will Blencowe intended to kill the 17-year-old in February.  

Blencowe, 21, admits stabbing Connor at his Fairacres Road flat in Oxford, but denies murder and claims he did it in self-defence and whilst suffering from a mental condition.

Judge Eccles today reminded the jury that Connor had been stabbed 15 times with a knife that had not been identified. He said the deepest of the wounds was 13cm deep and punctured the teen’s lung.

And he said of wounds to Connor’s behind: “It is for you to decide whether they were delivered to humiliate Connor Tremble or whether they may have been delivered in a grappling act.”

Co-defendants Bradley Jones, 21, of New Road in Bledington, and Grant Clemens, 23, of Stockwells, Moreton-in-Marsh,  are also on trial accused of helping Blencowe, of Oxford Road in Banbury, and both deny perverting the course of justice.

The trial continues.

Our top stories

Army will apologise to paratrooper after bullying claim at RAF Brize Norton upheld

Oxford Mail:

4:11pm Wednesday 1st October 2014

THE Army has said it will apologise to a paratrooper who lost three limbs in Afghanistan after his complaint of bullying was upheld.

Witney job centre cordoned off after suspicious package scare

Oxford Mail:

11:38am Wednesday 1st October 2014

A job centre was cordoned off after reports of a suspicious package.

Two road closures next week on A34 and in Oxford

Oxford Mail: Traffic Alert general

10:52am Wednesday 1st October 2014

PARTS of the A34 and Walton Street will be closed next week as roadworks are carried out.

Thames Water under fire from residents who say they’ve been left in the dark

Oxford Mail:

9:00am Wednesday 1st October 2014

ANGRY residents flooded out of their homes say they are being left in the dark by Thames Water a week after disaster struck.

One lane of Botley Road shut for emergency work

Oxford Mail: Burst water main closes Lower Hall Lane in Chingford

9:00am Wednesday 1st October 2014

THAMES Water started emergency roadworks in Botley Road last night.

WATCH: Right royal occasion as RAF hands on helicopters + video

Oxford Mail:

8:30am Wednesday 1st October 2014

PRINCE Andrew joined RAF personnel and Royal Navy staff as they paraded at RAF Benson yesterday to mark one of the base’s helicopter squadrons being officially disbanded.

Back

© Copyright 2001-2014 Newsquest Media Group

Oxford Mail: site_logo http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk

Click 2 Find Business Directory http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/trade_directory/