Connor Tremble trial: Judge reminds jury of stabbing evidence

Connor Tremble trial: Judge reminds jury of stabbing evidence

Connor Tremble trial: Judge reminds jury of stabbing evidence

First published in News
Last updated
Oxford Mail: Photograph of the Author by , Crime Reporter, also covering Barton and Wood Farm. Call me on (01865) 425427

JURORS in the Connor Tremble murder trial have this morning been reminded of the evidence before they go out to consider a verdict.

Summing up the case at Oxford Crown Court, Judge Patrick Eccles told the jury it would have to decide whether Will Blencowe intended to kill the 17-year-old in February.  

Blencowe, 21, admits stabbing Connor at his Fairacres Road flat in Oxford, but denies murder and claims he did it in self-defence and whilst suffering from a mental condition.

Judge Eccles today reminded the jury that Connor had been stabbed 15 times with a knife that had not been identified. He said the deepest of the wounds was 13cm deep and punctured the teen’s lung.

And he said of wounds to Connor’s behind: “It is for you to decide whether they were delivered to humiliate Connor Tremble or whether they may have been delivered in a grappling act.”

Co-defendants Bradley Jones, 21, of New Road in Bledington, and Grant Clemens, 23, of Stockwells, Moreton-in-Marsh,  are also on trial accused of helping Blencowe, of Oxford Road in Banbury, and both deny perverting the course of justice.

The trial continues.

  • Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.

Our top stories

MP calls for a public inquiry into failures to protect girls

Oxford Mail:

8:00am Wednesday 4th March 2015

CALLS for an independent inquiry into the Bullfinch child abuse scandal and police and social services’ failings were growing last night.

Evidence of gang's organised abuse was ignored for years

Oxford Mail:

8:00am Wednesday 4th March 2015

CHILD protection authorities feared an organised gang of paedophiles was prostituting vulnerable girls four years before Operation Bullfinch was launched – but nothing was done.

This was an honest review, says Hudspeth

Oxford Mail:

8:00am Wednesday 4th March 2015

THE leader of Oxfordshire County Council said “everyone was open and honest” about the failings exposed by the Serious Case Review.

Campaigner calling for heads to roll

Oxford Mail:

8:00am Wednesday 4th March 2015

A CHILD safety campaigner last night accused Joanna Simons and Sara Thornton of lacking integrity for refusing to take personal responsibility for Oxfordshire County Council and Thames Valley Police’s failings.

County council chief executive says she will not quit early

Oxford Mail:

8:00am Wednesday 4th March 2015

JOANNA Simons has resisted calls for her resignation and refused to say if she would take a pay off when she leaves Oxfordshire County Council.

Chief Constable admits that force failed victims but says it has improved

Oxford Mail:

8:00am Wednesday 4th March 2015

CHIEF constable Sara Thornton yesterday refused to accept responsibility for the failings within Thames Valley Police.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree