THIEVES attempted to steal a safe and made off with an undisclosed amount of cash after breaking into Millets Farm Centre near Abingdon.
The culprits forced their way into the centre through the front door at about 10.30pm on Monday, then forced their way into the office, police have revealed today.
It is the third time burglars have tried to break into the Frilford farm and garden centre this month.
In an attempted burglary on Friday, August 1, offenders tried to take a safe from the shop at 1.50am but ran off when they were spotted by a witness.
Police have not yet revealed the details of an attempted break-in on Thursday, August 14.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Our top stories
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community