Former cabinet minister turned TV presenter Michael Portillo travelled on the Cotswold Line yesterday, filming scenes for a new series of his programme Great British Railway Journeys.
Mr Portillo and a camera crew travelled from Moreton-in-Marsh in Gloucestershire to Hanborough on the morning all-stations stopping train into Oxford, en route to Blenheim Palace, in Woodstock.
He recorded a sequence on the train, reading a passage about Blenheim from the 1863 edition of Bradshaw’s Handbook, which inspired the programme.
- Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street