Former cabinet minister turned TV presenter Michael Portillo travelled on the Cotswold Line yesterday, filming scenes for a new series of his programme Great British Railway Journeys.
Mr Portillo and a camera crew travelled from Moreton-in-Marsh in Gloucestershire to Hanborough on the morning all-stations stopping train into Oxford, en route to Blenheim Palace, in Woodstock.
He recorded a sequence on the train, reading a passage about Blenheim from the 1863 edition of Bradshaw’s Handbook, which inspired the programme.
- Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year