A local author and journalist who raised money for an Oxford hospital has died aged 71.
Candida Lycett Green, who was the daughter of poet Sir John Betjeman, died of cancer last Tuesday.
She was a campaigner for conservation and had been a commissioner for English Heritage. In 2000 she rode 170 miles from Yorkshire to north Northumberland on horseback, raising £125,000 for Churchill Hospital’s Abernethy Cancer Centre.
- Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today