A local author and journalist who raised money for an Oxford hospital has died aged 71.
Candida Lycett Green, who was the daughter of poet Sir John Betjeman, died of cancer last Tuesday.
She was a campaigner for conservation and had been a commissioner for English Heritage. In 2000 she rode 170 miles from Yorkshire to north Northumberland on horseback, raising £125,000 for Churchill Hospital’s Abernethy Cancer Centre.
- Our top stories
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate