A local author and journalist who raised money for an Oxford hospital has died aged 71.
Candida Lycett Green, who was the daughter of poet Sir John Betjeman, died of cancer last Tuesday.
She was a campaigner for conservation and had been a commissioner for English Heritage. In 2000 she rode 170 miles from Yorkshire to north Northumberland on horseback, raising £125,000 for Churchill Hospital’s Abernethy Cancer Centre.
- Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech