A local author and journalist who raised money for an Oxford hospital has died aged 71.
Candida Lycett Green, who was the daughter of poet Sir John Betjeman, died of cancer last Tuesday.
She was a campaigner for conservation and had been a commissioner for English Heritage. In 2000 she rode 170 miles from Yorkshire to north Northumberland on horseback, raising £125,000 for Churchill Hospital’s Abernethy Cancer Centre.
- Our top stories
- Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5