A local author and journalist who raised money for an Oxford hospital has died aged 71.
Candida Lycett Green, who was the daughter of poet Sir John Betjeman, died of cancer last Tuesday.
She was a campaigner for conservation and had been a commissioner for English Heritage. In 2000 she rode 170 miles from Yorkshire to north Northumberland on horseback, raising £125,000 for Churchill Hospital’s Abernethy Cancer Centre.
- Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community