A TRAFFIC accident is causing delays on the A40 northern bypass eastbound this morning.
One lane of two is closed between the A4142, Green Road Roundabout, and Thornhill Park and Ride.
Police were called at 6.23am and found a man had driven his car into a lamppost on the Green Road Roundabout.
He suffered suspected leg injuries and was taken to the John Radcliffe hospital but his condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes