The owner of a car thought to have originally been abandoned has come forward, police have said.
The blue Volkswagen had been spotted on the corner of the A338 and the nearby Summertown road on Wednesday.
Thames Valley Police officers placed a “police aware” notice on the car and began looking for the driver.
But the motorist has since made himself known to the authorities.
- Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community