The owner of a car thought to have originally been abandoned has come forward, police have said.
The blue Volkswagen had been spotted on the corner of the A338 and the nearby Summertown road on Wednesday.
Thames Valley Police officers placed a “police aware” notice on the car and began looking for the driver.
But the motorist has since made himself known to the authorities.
- Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon