The owner of a car thought to have originally been abandoned has come forward, police have said.
The blue Volkswagen had been spotted on the corner of the A338 and the nearby Summertown road on Wednesday.
Thames Valley Police officers placed a “police aware” notice on the car and began looking for the driver.
But the motorist has since made himself known to the authorities.
- Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year