A countryside community group is encouraging villagers with oil heating systems to sign up to its bulk-buying scheme.
Oxfordshire Rural Community Council charity has said it has so far saved members between £50 and £70 on 1,000 litres of oil in a matter of months.
To save money, villagers have been paying an annual £24 to the group, which then uses its larger buying power to negotiate lower prices with oil providers in Oxfordshire.
Orders for fuel are placed monthly and delivered to homes.
That has in some cases resulted in savings of up to £150, the group said.
For more information visit oxonrcc.org.uk
- Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes