A countryside community group is encouraging villagers with oil heating systems to sign up to its bulk-buying scheme.
Oxfordshire Rural Community Council charity has said it has so far saved members between £50 and £70 on 1,000 litres of oil in a matter of months.
To save money, villagers have been paying an annual £24 to the group, which then uses its larger buying power to negotiate lower prices with oil providers in Oxfordshire.
Orders for fuel are placed monthly and delivered to homes.
That has in some cases resulted in savings of up to £150, the group said.
For more information visit oxonrcc.org.uk
- Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay