A countryside community group is encouraging villagers with oil heating systems to sign up to its bulk-buying scheme.
Oxfordshire Rural Community Council charity has said it has so far saved members between £50 and £70 on 1,000 litres of oil in a matter of months.
To save money, villagers have been paying an annual £24 to the group, which then uses its larger buying power to negotiate lower prices with oil providers in Oxfordshire.
Orders for fuel are placed monthly and delivered to homes.
That has in some cases resulted in savings of up to £150, the group said.
For more information visit oxonrcc.org.uk
- Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech