A £20m proposal for the redevelopment of the Castle Mill Boatyard, in Jericho, has been supported by Oxfordshire County Council.
But the authority said it wanted money from the developer to be spent on transport schemes, including cycle parking and hire, pedestrian improvements in the city centre and the Oxford station redevelopment. It has also requested a proposed swing bridge aligned with Cardigan Street be moved further south to align with Great Clarendon Street.
The plans are due to go before Oxford City Council next month.
As reported yesterday, the Canal and River Trust wants a fixed bridge instead.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year