A charity skydive to raise money for quadruple amputee Charlotte Nott was among events affected by bad weather yesterday.
A yellow weather warning for rain was in place from 6am to 11.50pm, with up to 40mm of rain forecast in some places.
Twenty-four people had planned to jump from 13,000ft over Hinton Skydiving Centre, Brackley to help pay for artificial limbs for the six-year-old from Cowley. The event has been postponed.
The Blenheim Palace Festival of Transport and Uffington White Horse Show were disrupted.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today