A charity skydive to raise money for quadruple amputee Charlotte Nott was among events affected by bad weather yesterday.
A yellow weather warning for rain was in place from 6am to 11.50pm, with up to 40mm of rain forecast in some places.
Twenty-four people had planned to jump from 13,000ft over Hinton Skydiving Centre, Brackley to help pay for artificial limbs for the six-year-old from Cowley. The event has been postponed.
The Blenheim Palace Festival of Transport and Uffington White Horse Show were disrupted.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street