THIS year’s Woodstock Live has been declared the best yet, with a record attendance.
A total of 19 bands performed on an outdoor stage in Market Place, with profits from a bar helping to cover the costs of the free music festival.
Organiser Chris Baylis said the final acts on Sunday attracted between 800 and 900 spectators.
He said: “It was a really good year, the best one for us yet. There were loads of people watching.
“We even had a couple who had been coming for the last four years, who became engaged to be married at this year’s festival, so that was another lovely story.”
Singer Georgia Higgins ,of The Village Idiots, who performed on Saturday, said the atmosphere had been “lovely”.
Georgia Higgins, left, and Darcy Rak, of The Village Idiots, from Stonesfield
The 50-year-old, from Stonesfield, said: “There were people of all ages there, from toddlers in the front, to teenagers and older people. It was a lovely atmosphere.”
One of the band’s fans was Gerard Hall, who listened to them perform with his daughters Lily, nine, and six-year-old Elsa.
The doctor, from Combe, said: “The children were dancing for the first time in public rather than in front of the mirror. We’ve been to the festival for a few years – it’s always a great event.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit