THIS year’s Woodstock Live has been declared the best yet, with a record attendance.
A total of 19 bands performed on an outdoor stage in Market Place, with profits from a bar helping to cover the costs of the free music festival.
Organiser Chris Baylis said the final acts on Sunday attracted between 800 and 900 spectators.
He said: “It was a really good year, the best one for us yet. There were loads of people watching.
“We even had a couple who had been coming for the last four years, who became engaged to be married at this year’s festival, so that was another lovely story.”
Singer Georgia Higgins ,of The Village Idiots, who performed on Saturday, said the atmosphere had been “lovely”.
Georgia Higgins, left, and Darcy Rak, of The Village Idiots, from Stonesfield
The 50-year-old, from Stonesfield, said: “There were people of all ages there, from toddlers in the front, to teenagers and older people. It was a lovely atmosphere.”
One of the band’s fans was Gerard Hall, who listened to them perform with his daughters Lily, nine, and six-year-old Elsa.
The doctor, from Combe, said: “The children were dancing for the first time in public rather than in front of the mirror. We’ve been to the festival for a few years – it’s always a great event.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay