A man has been arrested in connection with an aggravated burglary at the Tesco Express in Cogges Hill Road, Witney, last night.
A spokeswoman for Thames Valley Police said officers were called at about 7.15pm after two men threatened staff and made off with cash.
A 22-year-old man from Witney was later arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary and is being held in police custody.
Investigations are continuing and anyone with information should contact police on 101.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech