POLICE are looking for the owner of a VW, found abandoned on the side of the road in East Hanney, near Wantage.
Thames Valley Police officers discovered the blue Volkswagen on the corner of the A338 and Summertown on Wednesday.
A spokesman said the car looked unroadworthy so officers put a “police aware” sticker on it and are now seeking the owner.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555111.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK