AN organiser of today's Enstone Show has been deluged with emails protesting against an appearance by bear cubs.
Animal Defenders International (ADI) said three European brown bear cubs should not be involved in the event, saying it was “no fun for animals like bears”.
An organiser of the show, Kate Farquhar-Thomson, said she had received some 600 emails about the issue after ADI publicised the issue among its supporters.
ADI spokeswoman Fleur Dawes said: “The initial complaint came from a member of the public and we then alerted people through our Facebook group.”
ADI posted a message urging people to email Mrs Farquhar-Thomson on its Facebook page, which has 140,251 “likes”.
The show takes place at the village's sports and social club, at the junction of Charlbury Road and Cox's Lane, from 1pm to 5pm.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech