A MAN apologised after his friend pushed a 24-year-old into a stream in Bicester and demanded cash.
Luke Bostock, of Bicester, was walking along chapel Street at the junction with Market Square towards the Shell garage when the attack happened.
He said he was approached by two men, one in his blind spot, and was shoved over a wall near Utopia Hair Salon at about 3.30am.
He fell down the bank and landed on his back when cash was demanded from him on Sunday, August 10.
He said: “They caught me unaware in my blind spot.
“They then asked me for money, but I didn’t give them any.
“One of them apologised for what happened, which I thought was weird because he didn’t try to stop it.”
He called police from the Shell garage and was taken to Banbury Horton General Hospital for cuts on his face.
He said: “I felt confused at the time, but now I am not too fussed.
“Obviously I would like them to be caught, and if they are anyone’s mate and thinks they were out of order please call the police.”
The first man is white, in his 20s, 6ft2ins, blond, clean shaven with a heavy build.
He was wearing a purple polo shirt with a distinctive orange logo, blue jeans and white trainers.
The second was black, in his mid-20s, 5ft8ins and of slim build.
He was wearing a black sweater and blue jeans.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Natasha Deeley on 101.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year