FROM jittery to joyful, these pictures capture what GCSE results meant to every pupil across Oxfordshire yesterday.
With a shaking hand Zainab Azam opened her envelope and read her results: one A*, eight As, three Bs.
The Oxford Spires Academy pupil, 16, said: “I’m really happy. I’ve done better in some subjects than I thought I would. When I finished my physics exam I wasn’t too sure how I’d done, but it’s all been okay.“ Zainab, from Cowley, added: “I was predicted high grades so the pressure of keeping up with that was tough. I didn’t want to disappoint anybody, but I don’t think I have.”
Now Zainab is planning to take A-Levels at the East Oxford academy and then study dentistry at university.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year