ANDREA Pinedo managed to secure seven GCSEs despite only starting the courses 11 months ago.
The 16-year-old moved to Oxford from Venezuela in September and enrolled at Oxford Spires Academy.
Yesterday she opened her envelope to find two A*s, two As, two Bs and a C.
The Headington resident said: “It was demanding but I knew I had to keep a balance. I want to be an actor so it was important for me to do things outside of the exams.
“I did put pressure on myself and I didn’t want to be disappointed.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community