A planning application for the £400m Westgate redevelopment is expected by the end of the month, the developers have said.
The Westgate Alliance is planning to completely redevelop the shopping centre to include cafes, restaurants, a cinema and a John Lewis department store.
Once the planning application is submitted, Oxford City Council will decide whether to approve it or not by October at the latest.
Work on the development would start in early 2015.
- Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes