A planning application for the £400m Westgate redevelopment is expected by the end of the month, the developers have said.
The Westgate Alliance is planning to completely redevelop the shopping centre to include cafes, restaurants, a cinema and a John Lewis department store.
Once the planning application is submitted, Oxford City Council will decide whether to approve it or not by October at the latest.
Work on the development would start in early 2015.
- Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech