A planning application for the £400m Westgate redevelopment is expected by the end of the month, the developers have said.
The Westgate Alliance is planning to completely redevelop the shopping centre to include cafes, restaurants, a cinema and a John Lewis department store.
Once the planning application is submitted, Oxford City Council will decide whether to approve it or not by October at the latest.
Work on the development would start in early 2015.
- Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community