A planning application for the £400m Westgate redevelopment is expected by the end of the month, the developers have said.
The Westgate Alliance is planning to completely redevelop the shopping centre to include cafes, restaurants, a cinema and a John Lewis department store.
Once the planning application is submitted, Oxford City Council will decide whether to approve it or not by October at the latest.
Work on the development would start in early 2015.
- Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year