GEORGIA Hand was just a few months old when the family cat Morgan went missing 10 years ago.
Along with her mum Sally, dad Alan and sisters Lucy, eight, and Holly, six, she had just moved to their new home in Witney when the black and white moggy went missing after getting a fright.
Mum Sally Poulter, a care worker, said they gave up looking for him shortly after he disappeared in 2004.
But amazingly they received a call to say he had been found a decade on.
Ms Poulter, 37, said: “We went out looking for him but we just presumed he had met his end with a car. Then we got a call from the vet at Cogges Farm saying they had found our cat. I said ‘no, she’s (Flora) asleep on the bed and they said ‘no, we’ve got Morgan’.”
Ms Poulter said the 17-year-old cat was showing the effects of his decade away.
She said: “He is a very elderly cat and was in a pretty bad way when we picked him up.
“He has a heart condition and bad eyesight but he is keeping up okay.
“He has fitted in really well, he seems content to be back, grateful to have a warm bed and a full belly.”
Cogges Farm volunteer Isabel Johnstone said Morgan had been hanging around the farm near Witney for the last year with another black and white cat.
She said: “They were very hard to get a hold of because they were not tame at all but finally we managed to get hold of one of them. Unfortunately he was not well at all and we had to put him to sleep.
“Then space came up at Sunshine Cat Rescue and they came down and were able to get hold of Morgan. They took him to the vets at Cogges who found he was microchipped.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street