LAND for a self-build housing site in Bicester has been bought from the Ministry of Defence.
Up to 1,900 homes could now be built on land at Graven Hill after Cherwell District Council finalised the sale.
Barry Wood, the leader of the council, said: “The focus will be on residents as they start to build their dream homes to put Bicester firmly on the map with the creation of the UK’s first self-build community.”
In addition, the 187-hectare site will also accommodate one million square feet of commercial space and create up to 2,000 new jobs and apprenticeships.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech