A MAN must pay more than £60 in compensation after stealing two chocolate bars.
Gary John Wickens, of Leach Road, Bicester, pleaded guilty to two charges of theft when he appeared at Banbury Magistrates’ Court.
He stole two chocolate bars from shops in Bicester’s Market Sqaure on May 14 and 21.
The 32-year-old was given an 18-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £66.50 in compensation.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay