A CITY home care service has passed all key standards from an inspection by the national health and social care watchdog.
Littlemore’s Nurse Plus and Carer Plus met the five standards from a June inspection by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
These are respecting and involving people; care and welfare; safety; supporting staff; and assessing the quality of service.
The CQC said: “People felt safe receiving support from the provider and staff felt similarly safe carrying out their duties.
“We were told people felt staff were skilled and trained to be able to carry out their duties effectively.”
It said workers had a “good understanding” of their responsibilities around safeguarding, such as carrying out environmental risk assessments.
The CQC report said the care plans for users of the Sandy Lane West firm were “detailed and personalised and focused on dignity and independence”.
It said: “Staff told us they had time to read care plans and also had enough time to carry out their allocated duties.”
Relatives were “wholly complimentary” and one was impressed “at the time taken to get to know the person to ensure the most appropriate package of care was planned”.
The report – which is published on the CQC website – said: “We were told by people using the service, relatives and staff that managers were approachable and responsive.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today