A DRIVER has suffered serious leg injuries after a head-on crash that has closed the A40.
Two other people were also taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
Emergency services were called to the accident between Eynsham and Witney which is thought to involve a red Ford Mondeo, a silver Mercedes and a grey Peugeot.
Officers with Thames Valley Police have closed the A40 in both directions with the force reporting tailbacks reaching Long Hanborough.
There is also congestion on the road to the B4022 Witney East and to the B4449 Eynsham Roundabout.
Officers have set up a westbound diversion by the Evenlode pub via Cuckoo Lane and the A4095 Witney Road.
Earlier this afternoon Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service sent a rescue tender from Kidlington plus engines from Witney and Eynsham.
Firefighters are used hydraulic cutting gear to free a trapped man.
South Central Ambulance Service sent the Thames Valley Chiltern air ambulance, two ambulances and an ambulance officer who is treating two patients.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit