The latest edition of the Norrington Table, which ranks University of Oxford Colleges by academic performance, has been released.
Merton College took top spot in the table while last year’s number one, New College, was demoted to fourth.
Pembroke College dropped 17 places to finish bottom of the table in 30th.
The Norrington Table, which was created in 1962, ranks colleges by final results.
Five points are awarded for every first-class degree, three for a 2.1, two for a 2.2 and one for a third.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street