HE had never tried anything like it in his life, but yesterday 12-year-old Jayden Guiste cycled 20 miles for charity.
The Marlborough School pupil cycled from his home in Kidlington to Bicester and back, with his best friend Aldo Faruku, 12, and Jayden’s dad Steven.
He was hoping to raise £50 for SAFE! which supports young victims of crime.
So far he has already been given £150 by friends and family.
Jayden said: “It was great.
“I just wanted to do something for those kids who are bullied.”
He and his mum Joanne looked at different charities online and eventually decided on SAFE! – Support for Young People Affected by Crime.
Jayden said by the time he got to Bicester he was feeling sore and “just hoped I could do the rest.”
He said as soon as he got home he dived into a bath to cool off.
- People can still donate money online at localgiving.com/fundraising/schoolchallenge
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
11:20am Monday 28th July 2014
What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter through the blue headline above.
8:30am Thursday 30th July 2015
A DIGGER is now on the scene at Brasenose Driftway where police say canisters containing an unknown substance have caused soil contamination.
6:30am Thursday 30th July 2015
COUNCIL leader Matthew Barber yesterday said decisions over the failed £100 million West Way scheme were made “in good faith”.
4:15pm Thursday 30th July 2015
A MAN has been arrested after an attempted rape in Sandford-on-Thames earlier today.
INCREASING numbers of people apparently taking nitrous oxide gas in north Oxfordshire has prompted police to issue a warning on the dangers.
10:14am Thursday 30th July 2015
A FAMILY of five escaped with their lives from a serious fire at their home in Bicester last night.
9:00am Thursday 30th July 2015
PEOPLE in the Leys have given their heartfelt approval to equipment that could save the lives of people going into cardiac arrest.