WORK has begun on a £1.2m care home development in Letcombe Regis near Wantage.
The six “high-specification” one and two-bedroom apartments are the final phase of the Richmond Village care complex.
It comes after a plan for 44 retirement apartments at the former Wantage Police Station in Church Street was rejected by Vale of White Horse District Council.
The Mill Stream Mews development at Letcombe Regis is being built by builders from Wantage working for Stepnell.
The luxury retirement homes are being built within the village’s 36-acre grounds, including a spa complex, gymnasium, swimming pool and a lakeside restaurant.
Stepnell director Tom Wakeford said: “Our team brings extensive experience in delivering superb retirement housing and we are thrilled to be working with Richmond Villages to help complete the final phase of homes at this truly exceptional development.”
Richmond Letcombe Regis opened in 2010 and won gold in the What House? Award for Best Retirement Development the same year.
Richmond Villages development manager Albert Josephs said: “We are delighted to be working with Stepnell.
“Their experience of developing high-quality housing plus their helpful and professional attitude gives us great confidence this will be a highly successful project.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK