A 34-year-old man has avoided jail after he was convicted of carrying out a sexual assault.
John Draper, of Whittenham Close, Reading, was found guilty by a jury of committing the offence on August 2 last year against a child under 13 in Wallingford.
He was yesterday handed an 18-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, with 180 hours of unpaid work and two years supervision.
Draper was also made subject to a sexual offences prevention order and will be on the sex offenders’ register for 10 years.
The case was heard in Oxford Crown Court.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech