Oxfordshire has been named one of the top cycling hotspots in England and Wales.
According to research by Privilege Home Insurance, the city ranks fourth behind Greater London, Cambridgeshire and Greater Manchester.
The study found that of 741,000 commuters who travel by bike, 155,000 were in London and 23,101 were in Oxfordshire – about 3.1 per cent of the national total.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community