Oxfordshire has been named one of the top cycling hotspots in England and Wales.
According to research by Privilege Home Insurance, the city ranks fourth behind Greater London, Cambridgeshire and Greater Manchester.
The study found that of 741,000 commuters who travel by bike, 155,000 were in London and 23,101 were in Oxfordshire – about 3.1 per cent of the national total.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate