A weekend break in the city will set a couple back about £256 – more than most other UK cities – according to research by TripAdvisor.
The survey compared the cost of two people having a one-night stay in a four-star hotel in August, plus a pre-meal cocktail, a meal out and a short taxi ride in 20 cities across the UK.
Oxford came 17th, with just London, Cambridge and Edinburgh costing more in the survey.
Sheffield was the cheapest city surveyed, with a weekend away costing £154.
TripAdvisor spokesman James Kay said: “For travellers planning a UK break over the upcoming bank holiday weekend, heading north will generally offer the best value for an evening out and overnight stay.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today