A weekend break in the city will set a couple back about £256 – more than most other UK cities – according to research by TripAdvisor.
The survey compared the cost of two people having a one-night stay in a four-star hotel in August, plus a pre-meal cocktail, a meal out and a short taxi ride in 20 cities across the UK.
Oxford came 17th, with just London, Cambridge and Edinburgh costing more in the survey.
Sheffield was the cheapest city surveyed, with a weekend away costing £154.
TripAdvisor spokesman James Kay said: “For travellers planning a UK break over the upcoming bank holiday weekend, heading north will generally offer the best value for an evening out and overnight stay.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes