Loom bands are the latest craze to hook children up and down the country. But here in Oxfordshire youngsters, and adults, have taken the rubber bands to a whole new level.
They have been busy creating thousands of metres of loom bands to help fulfil Abingdon youngster Skye Hall’s dying wish. While being treated for a brain tumour the brave five-year-old wondered how many loom bands it would take to get to the moon. And it seems his question is soon to be answered as groups and individuals across the county do their bit.
It’s heartwarming to hear of so many people being touched by his story and if it helps bring some relief to such a brave little boy, every single one of those bands will have done more than ever intended.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community