Connor Tremble trial: Jury hears teenager died of complications after being stabbed 15 times

Connor Tremble trial: Jury hears teenager died of complications after being stabbed 15 times

Connor Tremble trial: Jury hears teenager died of complications after being stabbed 15 times

First published in News
Last updated

A PATHOLOGIST has told the jury Connor Tremble died of complications after he was stabbed 15 times.

Expert witness Dr Alexander Kolar started giving evidence this morning in Oxford Crown Court about the injuries the 17-year-old suffered on February 13 this year.

Will Blencowe is on trial and denies Connor's murder, but he does admit inflicting the injuries which led to the teenager's death two days later in the John Radcliffe Hospital.

Opening the case prosecutor Richard Barton said the 21-year-old would argue he was suffering from a mental condition and was also acting in self defence.

Dr Kolar said on February 14 surgery was carried out to try and reduce the swelling on Connor's brain caused by a loss of blood.

But he told the jury this was not enough to save his life and he was pronounced dead the following day.

Describing Connor's injuries, Dr Kolar said he suffered stab wounds to his arm, chest, abdomen, back, buttocks and leg.

Charles Ward-Jackson, prosecuting, asked him: "It is right isn't it, that 10 of the wounds were to the back of the body?"

Dr Kolar agreed and also described a 9cm would which went right through Connor's left arm.

He said: "We have here an injury that could be compatible with a defensive type action."

The pathologist also identified stab wounds which penetrated the teenager's organs, causing a large amount of blood loss.

Bradley Jones, 21, of New Road, Bledington, and Grant Clemens, 23, of Stockwells, Moreton-in-Marsh, are also on trial and both deny perverting the course of justice.

The trial continues.

  • Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? We are running a service covering this trial as well as our normal News and Sport services. Text CONNOR or NEWS or SPORT or a combination of all three depending on which services you want, plus your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.

 

  • Our top stories

Pothole payouts in Oxfordshire double

Oxford Mail:

9:00am Wednesday 28th January 2015

THE amount of compensation claimed by Oxfordshire drivers for pothole damage more than doubled in two years.

UPDATE: Tesco Metro in Bicester to shut wih 56 job losses after firm announces national closures

Oxford Mail:

1:19pm Wednesday 28th January 2015

Tesco Metro in Bicester will close on April 4.

Road collisions claim 27 lives in Oxfordshire in 2014 as number of fatal crashes rises across Thames Valley

Oxford Mail: Thames Valley Police logo

12:43pm Wednesday 28th January 2015

TWENTY-seven people died in traffic collisions across the county last year.

Last Didcot Power Station towers to be demolished next year

Oxford Mail:

12:00pm Wednesday 28th January 2015

THE three remaining cooling towers at the former Didcot A power station will be demolished in 2016, according to energy company RWE npower.

Man left with cut across face after being attacked in Banbury

Oxford Mail: Thames Valley Police logo

11:51am Wednesday 28th January 2015

A MAN is in hospital after he was cut across the face by a stranger, police said.

Great grandfather travels in style right until the end

Oxford Mail:

8:30am Wednesday 28th January 2015

A HORSE and carriage funeral procession made its way through the streets of Oxford yesterday as a great grandfather made his final journey.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree