Thieves used oil to slip ladders off the roof of a vehicle in Blackbird Leys.
The ladders, which were locked and chained, were stolen in Sandy Lane overnight last Monday.
Thames Valley Police said oil had been used to grease the ladder clamps and prevent any noise alerting people living nearby.
Call police on 101 or the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555111 if you have any information.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street