Firefighters were called out on Saturday afternoon when a burst water main flooded part of a house in Wantage.
A spokeswoman for Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said contractors had been working on pipes in Kings Wharf but were not present when the main burst at about 3pm.
She said one fire crew helped pump water away from a small area of a house which was affected and provided nearby properties with sandbags.
The incident happened outside the strikes being called by members of the Fire Brigades Union in their long-running row over pension reform.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community