DENTISTS might not normally go for chomping away on slices of sugary cake, but this time Manuel Perez-Padron might make an exception.
The Iffley dentist has been at his practice on Rose Hill for ten years, but is now planning to leave Oxford for his native La Palma in the Canary Islands.
To mark his decade here, he was presented with a cake in the shape of Iffley Dental Practice.
The father-of-two said: “This has been the pinnacle of my career. I will never forget the patients’ loyalty and love.
“After 10 years I want to say thank you to Oxford and I’m so proud to have lived here.”
He has also been invovled in community work during his time in the area. He has volunteered with local sports groups, coached children’s football and gives two per cent of his pay cheque to Oxford Children’s Hospital.
The Rose Hill dad, 33, even featured on an Oxford Mail front page back in 2011 for his campaign to get children in the city’s estates better dental care.
He added: “I think it’s nice for foreign people to settle and give something back. I hope others can be as grateful as I have been.”
He moved to Oxford in 2004 with wife Rachel, 31, a dental nurse at the practice.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street