Police have warned drivers to lock their cars after a spate of burglaries from vehicles across Oxford.
On Sunday, August 10, a pair of number plates were stolen from a car parked in Dunstan Road, Headington overnight.
Ladders were stolen from the top of a van parked in Sandy Lane, Blackbird Leys on Monday, August 11.
The ladders were locked and chained to the vehicle’s roof, but the thieves used oil to quieten the ladder clamps.
On Tuesday, August 12 thieves broke into an insecure car in Sandfield Road, Headington and stole items.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech