A FIRE engine was called out to a broken-down car leaking fuel on the Northern Bypass, A40, between Headington and Cutteslowe.
The fire service was called at 4pm and a crew cleared up the fuel leak. It remained with the driver until a recovery vehicle arrived.
The driver had managed to get off the carriageway onto the cycle path so no delays were caused.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit