A FIRE engine was called out to a broken-down car leaking fuel on the Northern Bypass, A40, between Headington and Cutteslowe.
The fire service was called at 4pm and a crew cleared up the fuel leak. It remained with the driver until a recovery vehicle arrived.
The driver had managed to get off the carriageway onto the cycle path so no delays were caused.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes