A MAN has pleaded guilty to raping a teenager at Oxford Crown Court today.
Christian Perera, 31, of Samphire Road in Blackbird Leys, admitted two counts of raping a 19-year-old woman in Stone Lane between Clare and Little Haseley in April.
In May, the Independent Police Complaints Commission was called in to look into how Thames Valley Police handled the case but decided not to launch a formal investigation.
Perera pleaded not guilty to one charge of kidnap but the Crown Prosecution Service has agreed that this will lie on file.
Perera will be sentence at Oxford Crown Court on Friday, September 12.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay